12.22.2016

Books for only 99 cents each!

Just in time for Christmas, I'm marking down my entire backlist -- two dozen books -- to 99 cents each on Kindle.


The sale applies to everything I published before 2014, including LONELY STREET, the Bubba Mabry debut that was made into a Hollywood movie. All the Bubba stories -- seven novels and two novellas -- are only 99 cents each now, as are the two Drew Gavin sportswriter mysteries and such standalone crime novels as A BOX OF PANDORAS, THE BIG WINK and FIREPOWER.

The sale doesn't apply to SHOTGUN BOOGIE and HOMESICK BLUES, the two brand-new Jackie Nolan novels. Those remain $2.99 each. And the three DUKE CITY novels I wrote under the pen name Max Austin remain $3.99, a price set by the publisher.

But you can enjoy the rest for only 99 cents each if you're a Kindle user. If you're a member of Kindle Unlimited, you can borrow the books for free.

Because of the way the royalties are structured, I have to sell six times as many books at 99 cents to make the same as I would at $2.99. In the past, when I've experimented with the 99-cent price, sales have shot up enough to make up the difference. We'll see if that's the case when I put so many books on sale at once.

I want more readers and more reviews. If the 99-cent price point is the way to make that happen, then I'm all for it.

I hope you'll try my books during this sale. Or, if you're already a fan, fill in the gaps in your collection.

Happy holidays to all!

No comments: